Dually Fender Marker Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
JFC.. timeline on ordering these marker lights from GMParts Giant

3/20/24 place order, get confirmation email
3/21/24 they reply saying parts not compatible with supplied VIN (I didn't supply one)
3/21/24 I respond with VIN and say I'm sure they will fit
3/26/24 they reply "Our dealer has confirm parts are not compatible with VIN provided"
3/26/24 I respond "I'm sure they will fit. Please send the parts I have ordered and paid for."

How hard does it have to be to order some simple parts?

EDIT - apparently very hard.

3/27/24 their email: By replying "I accept", you are agreeing to accept a non-returnable part on your order.
5974618 LAMP ASM-R/FDR CLER *AMBER 1 On Order 04/03/2024 On order to GM's warehouse with an estimated arrival date.
5974617 LAMP ASM-R/FDR CLER *AMBER 1 In Stock Ready for shipment
5974620 LAMP ASM-R/FDR CLER *RED 1 In Stock Ready for shipment
5974619 LAMP ASM-R/FDR CLER *RED 1 In Stock Ready for shipment
I immediately responded with "I accept"

3/28/24 their email: By replying "I accept", you are agreeing to accept a non-returnable part on your order.
5974618 LAMP ASM-R/FDR CLER *AMBER 1 In Stock Ready for shipment
5974617 LAMP ASM-R/FDR CLER *AMBER 1 In Stock Ready for shipment
5974620 LAMP ASM-R/FDR CLER *RED 0 Discontinued - Discontinued parts are removed from the order.
5974619 LAMP ASM-R/FDR CLER *RED 1 In Stock Ready for shipment

I F**CKING HATE GM PARTS GIANT. Screw GM PARTS GIANT. How can the part go from "in stock ready for shipment" to "discontinued" in 1 day? How did it take a week+ to get to this point?

Pretty sure I'm just gonna cancel the order. YEP.. I replied saying you showed the part "in stock" YESTERDAY. I've been jumping through hoops all week trying to get this order filled. Their response? "Part is discontinued"

I told them I needed all four and they could cancel the whole order.

What a bunch of schmucks.

Richard

Last edited:

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I laugh, but feel your frustration.

That's one of those moments where its "Explain to me that you are stupid or lying, without actually saying you're stupid or lying."

And ya'll with your blingy new marker lights, that's about telling me you're rich, without actually saying...

I could use some new ones, but these damn things might as well be gold.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mine came in as well.
Good deal. Maybe you got the last one of the "discontinued" they claimed.. or they just decided to screw me over. I canceled the order. GM Parts Giant can suck it.

BTW "discontinued" 5974620 is available on ebay for a small premium over dealer price. $45 instead of $32. I went ahead and ordered it.. as well as the other three, from a different GM dealer. Again, "we'll see" LOL, I might end up with one red marker and another run-around..

Richard

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Back in the day” when clear lenses were a new thing, I saw folks diy-ing them from the sheets of diffuser panels that covered fluorescent fixtures in drop ceilings.

This stuff.

Racesmith

Reaction score
“Back in the day” when clear lenses were a new thing, I saw folks diy-ing them from the sheets of diffuser panels that covered fluorescent fixtures in drop ceilings.

This stuff.
"She's crafty, just my type" - Beastie Boys