Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh ya....the brass drifts I ordered yesterday"missed the truck " for delivery today, imagine that. So I took a chance and used a steel drift....no drama just bearing races hitting the floor.
I've never worried about using steel drifts for removing races, but I always use a brass drift for installation.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never worried about using steel drifts for removing races, but I always use a brass drift for installation.
I bought one of those bearing seal driver kit with all the different disks. SIL said it worked great. Its made of aluminum so I wasn't too worried about it galling it all up.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ol truck is gonna look and ride good when you get all this done.
I'm waiting to see those wheels!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
here are pics of them with and without the insert. Gonna make my decision on the inserts once I see them on the truck in person.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They look good both ways. What's up with that block of metal between the spokes? Kinda ruins the look and doesn't look like it adds any strength.
Tell me you're not going with black wheels?
Ya....they are going to be black. There is a color change coming to the girl, eventually(hopefully this spring) And I have a hatred for chrome, lol.
Not sure what's up with the blocks between the spokes....I won't see them behind the steering wheel, and others won't see them when it's driving. Lol.