Drunkcanuks build...... finally!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hear you... wife's is black explorer, I've had 6 400's and only 1 was not black (centurion xmas tree). Brushed stainless diamond tread is a significant design part of two current builds on black 400 trucks, to explain my curiousity. This is going to be a fun build to watch!
Thanks. Gonna be slow going for a while, need to get another job before anymore parts can be bought. But there are definitely plans hatching in my skull that have been there for 30+ years.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And for @Scooterwrench, the plate light is soldered (poorly I know)and heat shrunk.
You must be registered for see images attach
Now you see what I mean when I said to push your heatshrink way up on the wire. Copper is a great heat conductor and the heat will travel a good distance up the wire.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now you see what I mean when I said to push your heatshrink way up on the wire. Copper is a great heat conductor and the heat will travel a good distance up the wire.
Lol.....yup. it was my intention to show others a real world example of what you meant!!! Lol
It actually slid over pretty easily.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man,you're gonna have the old truck looking badass. Gonna put some thump under the hood?
Plan is for a 6.0 LS and 4L80e. Probably run it stock and next winter put a cam in it. Woman's work is on the hunt for one. Unfortunately that's going to be on the back burner unless a new job comes my way quickly. So a bit of a delay, but it will happen.
The 5.7 in there runs pretty well considering it has over 300 000kms. I "hopped" it up back in the day. Has full length headers, true dual exhaust, some MSD parts, K&N hot air intake.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw this one in a friend's booth at the swap meet, and immediately thought of you and your truck. If you want it, let me know and I can see about getting it from him and on its way to you.....
That's awesome!
I appreciate the thought, but I'm way up in Canada and between jobs. If I spent $$$ in that she would string me up by my toes!!!! Lol
Sincerely appreciate even the thought, that's why I love this forum, y'all are awesome!!!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a bug up my butt today and decided to tackle the darn extension.

So I felt like a complete moron. Sitting there having a thinking smoke trying to figure out how to drill a 1/2" hole while only having a 3/8" drill. Looked to my right and realized I had a friggen drill press!!!! Lol. Haven't used it in years.

So drilled the 1/2" there, then grabbed my bench vise, put it on the ground. Because that's where they belong right!!! And started hogging the hole with a carbide burr. Wasn't going as fast as I wanted. So stopped, thought what the heck else could do this. Ah ha!!!! Friggin jigsaw!!! So found mine, and sure as $hit it actually had a metal blade in the handle storage thingy. Sweet.

So used that to get the majority of it cut out. Then the burr to finish it up and smooth it out.

Crawled up under, slid the bolt through and torqued to 185ft lbs. Nothing like being on your back and trying to do 25lbs more torque than you weigh. There were words and gas passed out both ends!!!! Lol

I also got the tranny spacer in, but didn't snap a picture. I will do that tomorrow when I go back under and install the shock. There will be a question asked.

And then the next fight will be trying to get a hole drilled through the side of the extensions to put the "locking bolts" in. I only have a pistol grip 3/8" drill, making it very tight to try and get a drill up under there. The day I was laid off a week ago, a had a 90⁰ drill signed out for the weekend. But had to give it back before I left.

Anyway.. . progress is progress.