Driver's side wind noise driving me nuts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Also look at the belt molding seals on the doors. Being 22+ years old, most of them are cracked and have chunks missing by now. If the window has a bunch of slop when its raised up, the channel run seal must be plum worn out.
The window does indeed have a bit of slop side to side. I'm wondering if that window seal is messed up just enough that it could be causing the majority of my wind noise.
Or someone left the foam brick out of the mirror cavity.
Surprisingly, both foam bricks were still in the mirror cavity.
The window tracks are adjustable inside the door. Remove the inside panel and try the window up and down. Adjust as necessary. Grease the metal channel on the glass too
Sweet, I knew there had to be an adjustment on them. I'll have to take a peek once the weather gets a little warmer.
I had wind noise and it was due to worn out door bushings and therefore sagging. I changed the pins and bushings with the Dorman pins bushings. Problem solved . . . for a about 4 weeks. Now the bushings are crumbled and I'm back to square one. Be sure to use metal bushings if you change them out or I bought the greasable hinge pins that come with metal bushings.
I had a feeling about this too, I know the driver's door bushings are shot, it could also be contributing to it. If the door is coming off, I might as well get a whole different door that's in nicer condition, probably cheaper in the long run.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Bought some stick-on foam weatherstripping at the parts store yesterday to put on the existing door seal, and the wind noise has decreased significantly! It’s still there slightly, but much more tolerable. It’s going to be pretty windy tomorrow, so that should the ultimate test to see if it fixed it. :)

Really appreciate the help!