Driver side lower control arm obs k1500 NJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl yea to be safe I wouldn't run on them with play in them, wouldn't want it to come apart and hurt you or somebody else. I honestly would change the ball joints and drive it, then when you find another replace the mismatched control arms. Wait until day time and snap some pics if you can man, I'm very interested in this goofy setup. Al I've ever seen are press in and bolt in. press in's sure look non replaceable alot. I just think some idiot must have made them being non replaceable.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOl yea to be safe I wouldn't run on them with play in them, wouldn't want it to come apart and hurt you or somebody else. I honestly would change the ball joints and drive it, then when you find another replace the mismatched control arms. Wait until day time and snap some pics if you can man, I'm very interested in this goofy setup. Al I've ever seen are press in and bolt in. press in's sure look non replaceable alot. I just think some idiot must have made them being non replaceable.

yea i dont know. we were pressed on time at his shop too bc they wanted to close up so we just went ahead and did the tires and left. but even if it is a press in, i dont want one press in and the other a bolt in, i just dont like having half ass type parts on my truck. i am driving my 04 impala til i get it figured out unless i really need the truck for town driving.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well honestly it's not half assed both were made factory and work fine, only thing you are doing is have them match nothing else, one it's really weaker then the other or anything they are both done that way factory.

I would replace balljoints and wait until I could find another control arm, then you'd be safe, or like you said just park it and drive something else.

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well i did what i could for pictures, its only 5 degrees outside and my camera doesnt have a flash. but this is what i got

passneger side control arm
You must be registered for see images attach

passenger lower ball joint

driver side control arm (notched on bottom, no idea why)

driver side ball joint (worst then the right side)

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we need pics because ball joints have to be replaceable kinda stupid not to be, but having one bolt in and one press in is nothing.

the ones on my lincoln are non replaceable.... you have to replace the entire knuckle to swap the upper ball joint

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's ford for ya they do all kinds of stupid stuff. looks like a press in to me. can't tell though.