Driver door wont unlock and no interior lights with door open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98WhiteZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So background- Just bought the truck and the locks on the passenger side and driver side didn't work. Located fuse 13 it was blown and replaced it. Now the drivers door will lock and the passenger door will lock and unlock.

The drivers door though will not unlock with button. I can use the key (in the lock cylinder in the door) and it will unlock and use the manual switch and it will unlock just will not unlock with the button.

Any recommendations on where to start?

Also I noticed that when I press the lock/unlock on the driver side with the door open or closed the interior lights in the foot wells will flash on and then off. And no interior lights come on when I open the door currently with the car on or off.

And help on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull the door apart and lubricate the lock and latch mechanism. I had to do it to mine. They get old and gummed up and the actuator can't provide enough power to move it.