Drive shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Not sure this belongs here if it goes somewhere else the mods can move it. I have a 95 K1500 extended cab with the 350 and auto transmission. My u joint broke and it messed up my drive shaft. My dad has a 97 K1500 extended cab with the vortex and an auto transmission, but its the heavy half. Will his drive shaft work in my truck? His is 1/4" shorter than mine. Are the u joints going to work on my truck since his has the 14 obliterated and mine has the 12 bolt. And Ingo would be greatly appreciated.

Billy

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Not sure this belongs here if it goes somewhere else the mods can move it. I have a 95 K1500 extended cab with the 350 and auto transmission. My u joint broke and it messed up my drive shaft. My dad has a 97 K1500 extended cab with the vortex and an auto transmission, but its the heavy half. Will his drive shaft work in my truck? His is 1/4" shorter than mine. Are the u joints going to work on my truck since his has the 14 obliterated and mine has the 12 bolt. And Ingo would be greatly appreciated.

Billy

To answer this, we need to know what diff you have, GM never put a 12 bolt in a 88-98, either 10 bolt or 14 bolt.

Did you swap in a older 12-bolt?

Reaction score
I meant a 10 bolt. Sorry. The 12 bolt is in my 79.