Door worth saving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my door has a dent around the handle. I am not sure what happened my dad never told me, but it was completely pushed in and then it got bent out a bit to try and line it up, but as you can see from the picture it is far from perfect.

Can a body guy reasonably fix this or should I just get another door from the junkyard.

Please excuse the world's cheapest door handle, need something that wasn't broken.

You must be registered for see images attach

-Stephen

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the whole truck needs to be painted. It's very faded and very little paint left on the roof & hood.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The right guy can fix it. There's not enough pictures or angle to really get the whole idea. There's some stretched metal, and a good bit of metalwork involved. The filler work around the handle opening can be tedious and somewhat time consuming.

The cost to repair would likely exceed what a used door would cost. The aftermarket doors aren't worth buying.

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked at the junkyard today. Seems like when they use the fork lift to put them on the stands they crush the bottom part of the door. Going to try car-part.com see about getting a good door and tailgate sent to my buddy’s shop.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup, junkyard staff tear so much stuff up like that, being lazy and stupid. In January this year, I saw a nice W/T front end on a pickup at my local pick a part/LKQ. 96 or 97 too, so it had the storage box also. Pics look good on their website, store listings for what is at each yard( 3 in Houston area). So I go there on my day off, and that truck got nailed by the forklift, left front corner, ruined all of it! Not the only thing like that I've seen them do either!
Maybe why they don't have the each store vehicles inventory on the website anymore....
Dum de dum dum......

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
And they're also not careful on how they set the vehicles on the stands either. I've seen several cars or trucks, looked pretty sketchy how they were sitting; ain't no way I'm getting under that B****.