Door open, interior lights off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
So the kill switch (whatever you like to call them) for the interior lights when you open/close your door is pooched, long gone (yes they are missing on both driver and passenger side)

So I guess I'm wondering how I go about replacing them? I'd love to have some lights at night when I open up the doors. I can never find the right key, lol.

Also wondering why the lights aren't on 100% of the time?
Theoretically the switch should be in the door open position, unless when it opens beyond a certain point, it loses its connection?\

Thanks guys.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Sound like they were broken and pushed through the holes, and then unplugged.

One was, the passenger side just **** the bed the other day thanks to me.
Actually the interior light wouldn't work on pass side. So I pushed it in and out 5-10 times, light came on, but never came off.
I then pushed it in/out another few times, didn't work. Eventually pulled the killswitch deal right off, lights still on.

Got p-o'd and slammed the door, lights went out and never came back on lol

Knockoutpie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yo gangster, I heard you broke these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-99-CHEVY...ubmodel:Silverado&hash=item1e74d88d95&vxp=mtr

Luckily you can buy 2 of them there! Pretty easy to replace, put a screw driver in and pull that old bugger out ;] you'll get the rest.

Here's the reason the lights never went off, because when you broke the pin, it thought the pin was pushed out (thinking your door was open) so with thinking your door was open your lights stayed on, if you just replace the pins everything will work normal lol.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Haha awesome dude that is much appreciated. They just come out with a screwdriver eh? Figured I'd have to tear into the dash lol, guess i didn't stuff my head down in there close enough to see.
Got those two ordered :)

Edit: nevermind -.- won't ship to Canada, heh

Edit again: Found someone that will, so, got 'em on order, lol.