Door lock problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, many times.. There is no horn signal wire going to my module - I would know, since I installed all of the equipment myself when I did the power conversion using parts from another 97 lol. I'm gonna have to look at a 98s diagram now to see if they show any different.

You should try it and see. Shoot one day I want remote start lol

ncsticks

Reaction score
Yes we have a factory type remote for our Burb, that we got hoping that would fix the security problem last year. When we used it, it would honk on the second push of the lock button. Mom is scared to use it now because she's afraid it will undo the passlock delete.

i was just reading today that if you program the remotes while the key is in the off position, it will cause to honk when double pressed, if in the on position, it wont.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Good to know! The place we got the remote programmed at wouldn't let me watch, so I don't know what position the key was in. They did want the keys though, so maybe they did need it on.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
they probably didn't want you to see how easy it was
Yep I figured as much. Too easy to make $50 for 5 or 10 minutes' work LOL.
Oh well, could be worse. My Mom's 2004 Chrysler Pacifica (the station wagon one , not the new minivan) has the remote built into the key. And the ONLY PLACE that makes one that works with the car is the dealer. I had a locksmith friend try to make a key; he couldn't get one to work and he's been to the Chrysler schools. And of course the dealer charges $300 for the thing you can only get from them to make your car work. It's a Mopar when you drive it, a Mercedes when it needs parts or repairs.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrysler... you have to have two working keys to program a new key to the car. If you didn't get an extra key when you bought the car, and one of your remotes go out, you're screwed.