door lock conversion??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1996 1/2 ton with the WT cheyenne style, so it doesn't have power locks or windows or anything like that. I have owned the truck for quiete sometime and this never bothered me. however last year I got married and it would be nice to be able to lock and unlock both doors with a key fob. (all the girls I dated thought I was just being a gentlemen when really I just had to unlock their door lol) anyway I was wondering how much work and money would be involved in doing this conversion. I was thinking that maybe I could just go pull some lock actuators from another truck and bolt them in my door. are there provisions to be able to do this?? My other qustion if I could just bolt the actuators into my doors could I just use the same reviever unit and just re program a key fob to work with it?? or would I have to buy a reciever piece to wire to the actuators?? IF I do this project I am mostly just looking for the key fob locks, I dont care to have a power button in the truck or anything like that. thanks for your help.

Mikes97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the conversion full power locks, windows and mirrors, the lock control module I grabbed was remote ready, just grabbed a fob and programmed it. Here's a YouTube video on the swap. Hope it helps or inspires you to do the same.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media