Door Hnadle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know how to change it and all, but how often do you have to change your? I put one in on my driver side when I got my truck (October) and need to replace it again.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The 1995-up handles are weak by design. However what makes them crap out quicker than they should, is a door dragging on the striker because the hinge pins and bushings are bad. Also the rod that actuates the latch tends to stretch out straight (it has a couple kinks in it originally) making you pull the handle harder to get it to open. Easy to re-kink the rod a little with vise grips. But the most likely issue will be your hinge pins and bushings.

Richard

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So most last longer than 4 months. I know I need new pins and bushings, just another thing on the list. I was just curious.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So do the pins and bushings. Right now you're driving over nails in your driveway and wondering why the tires keep going flat. They're gonna keep doing it until you sweep the driveway. :gr_grin:

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Uhh yah more than 4 minth more like years

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So do the pins and bushings. Right now you're driving over nails in your driveway and wondering why the tires keep going flat. They're gonna keep doing it until you sweep the driveway. :gr_grin:
Richard
I wasn't sure if that would effect it or not.