Door switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grogu

Reaction score
I have a 1994 Chevy c1500 Cheyenne that needs a new door. It's a manual door and only thing available at salvage yard is electric for my truck. Is it possible to change from manual to electric and How hard would it be. Thanks in advance

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Door switch, electric problem....? Door swap, convert to manual? How many have you searched?

Shwa Kid

Reaction score
Depends on how nicely you want to do it. The factory harness runs across the firewall at the base of the windshield then down to each kick panel where there's a few connectors (at least one for locks and one for windows, third for mirrors if you want them). The harnesses then plug into the distribution panel, it should already have power.

You would also need the interior door cards, lock actuators, window motors (easiest to buy the metal interior door panel), switches, door jamb boots, possibly some other stuff.

Not the hardest thing in the world but is a pain in the butt to pull the dash, if you want to half a-- it you may be able to tuck the harness along the bottom of the dash but it's not factory style.