Door Chime Swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 95 Sierra is equipped with the standard annoying buzzer when I open the door and turn the key. I would like to swap it to this:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This is the door chime from a 99-02 Silverado Sierra, 2000-02 Tahoe, Yukon Suburban Yukon XL Escalade, 98-04 S10, Blazer, Jimmy, Sonoma, Bravada. Is there any way to get this door chime in my 95 Sierra?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Look for the chime in a 99-00 Cadillac Escalade, sounds the most similar to the newer trucks.

Skip to the 1:00 mark, you can hear the chime:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll try to locate a junked 99 Escalade somewhere round here. I don't know why, but these are my favorite chimes, hence why I wanted one in my truck

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the design of the early GMT800 door chime modules like what you posted in the first video SK, but if they have the same connector design as the OEM ones in our trucks then they should work. Disclaimer, I take no responsibility for anyone following that advice and letting the magic smoke out. I seem to remember a thread from here many years ago where someone else discovered that a whole ton of those GM chime modules would interchange.

Here's a thread with a diagram of the connector pins and their functions. Also some really cool info in there about how to modify the function of the module by disabling pins.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-modify-the-95-warning-chime-module-plus-other-info.23667/

EDIT - Just read through the thread that Kenny linked, looks like the GMT800 ones won't work.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well darn. Was really hoping it would. I have an 01 Tahoe with the door chime I wanted that's getting parted out. I'll still try to find a junked Escalade if I can.

German_AC

Reaction score
I changed mine with the GM 14101255, is a simple plug and play swap. The chime sound is far better, like in modern cars.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to just purchase this door chime module from an autoparts store? For a 99 Escalade I mean

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Unfortunately autoparts stores don't carry items like that, you could try Ebay though.

Edit: can't seem to locate the Esky chime boxes. Damn!

I just remembered, I think the 99-00 GMC Denali's (same thing as Escalade) have the same chime box as well.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, that expands the search. Only problem is that these trucks were luxurious, so finding one trashed is going to be a challange.