DJM drop spindle question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of dropping my 91ecsb 4/6 and I have DJM2055-2 2" drop spindles and they are about 1/2" too short for the brake rotor. I called DJM to see what I can do to fix this and they told me to buy DJM2056-2 drop spindles. Apparently my truck is a heavy duty model (not the way I wanted to find out!) I was wondering if I could buy light duty brake rotors and be ok. If I can do this will the bearings I already have still work? I just hate to buy another set of spindles! Thanks in advance!

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Your going to have to get different rotors and bearings calipers should be the same. If you have a junk yard local you could get all that pretty cheap.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
you could, but then you'd have the smaller brakes on your excab. 88-91 regcab had the 1" brakes, then all trucks swapped to the 1.25" rotors. maybe it's just me but if he's going through the trouble of finding replacement bearings, i'd buy new ones

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
Thanks for the input but I have decided to just spring for the new spindles. I really don't like the idea of downgrading my brakes and it will make it a lot easier to swap to six lug in the future.