DJM/BELLTECH DIRECT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
ive never had issues with djm spindles as far as alignment went. Some guys were worried about alignment so they bought the camber kit from djm which isnt that much more. One thing though with djm 2 inch lower a arms i hate how you can see the cups hanging low from under the truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Camber kit? My GMC has belltech springs & spindles, & the adjustment slugs have been knocked out at the top. Is this kit required? Are they a centric bolt? I thought that I had this front end figured out, & now this!

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
With as many trucks as ive done if on a 4 inch front drop if it doesnt align you will need to get a camber kit which has the adjustable bolts up top. It runs about 75 bucks.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I KNOW I don't have this.
Camber, castor, toe-in, toe-out. I find this stuff to be pretty straight forward. I understand the geometry.
The front end has been adjusted so that the tires ride flat. Should they have a bit of negative camber, to aid in exuberant cornering?
I prefer a fair amont of castor. I like the little heavier feel, the way the steering returns to center better, & the way that the truck wanders less at speed. Will this kit allow me to run the amount of castor I like, & solve the ball joint binding issues? Or, is this completley seperate non-related?
When I first started messing with front suspensions, I was taught that a vehicle at rest had (in theory) a mis-aligned front end, & that it was only when the vehicle was rolling that the physics of drag, pulled the vehicle's front suspension into alignment. Is this correct?

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
What set up are you running in the front 2 inch spindes/2 inch springs?

when i do alignment on the trucks honestly i always do them at rest and i like a little negative camber in front. Now as far as ball joint binding issues have you been going thru balljoints a lot?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yes. 2 & 2.
Not going through ball joints, but the last time that I had the alignment done, I was told that the left ball joint was binding, & that they couldn't get a proper alignment because of that. Truck does pull to the left at anything over 50mph. Doesn't like roads that are off-camber, to the left. I have all new urathane bushings & a completley rebuilt front end.
Don't know if you remember, but I was asking you before about maybe the spindle being bent.
Could it be possible for either the upper or lower control arm to be bent that is causing this ball joint binding? Is it possible to bend those? I tend to be pot-hole aware, & sometimes I end up zig-zaging around 'em. ("Honest officer, I ain't drunk!") Sometimes they're just not avoidable.

I realize that it's kind of hard to do a diagnosis without physically seeing the problem, but I was thinking that with your experience, which is more extensive than mine, you might be able to offer some insight that I'm not aware of.

Thanks. AL.

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
somethings going on there. You should have no binding at all. I have 4/6 drops on customers trucks on 255 30 22 which is no sidewall and potholes are crazy out here in the city.

if one side is binding id start with taking the upper and lowers apart and looking for damage. You should not have binding only on one side .

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
OK. Thanks. I'll be checking as soon as I can get some hoist time. Much appreciated. I'll let you know, but it won't be right away.