DIY Immobilizers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Mine being a 93 with no remote/alarm will any of them work? I am guess the ****** one maybe?

Reed switch or ***** will work.

Pretty much any of them should work as they're stand alone stuff.

You just have to use them to cut power to things like the ignition, ecm, injectors, fuel pump, etc and it's dead in the water....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I think he's saying he has a little trouble finding the "*****".....:rofl:

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I have an airbag on/off switch from a truck that I'm going to convert to a fuel pump kill switch for when I leave my truck sitting for more than a couple days.

I might convert my lumbar switch on my seat to a kill switch also. I think that piece is broken in my seat because it doesn't do anything. I want to wire it so that the switch must be depressed for it to crank or shift out of park or something...

That magnetized switch is very cool. I'll have to look into that.

Does anyone know if a horn beep can be added to a pre 98 truck when I lock all the doors using the factory keyless? I have wanted to try to add that for a long time, but I never tried it.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to wire mine to the horn switch to kill start and airbag switch for fuel pump. . . Thatd be sweet cause my horn dont work anyways