DirtridinZ71 Budget SAS Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes they are 38x15's. I got the crossmember/front hanger temp bolted in place.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the springs hung, just tacked in palce this weekend. Ended up going with the front rear springs hangers from the Jimmy. Still need to make temp u bolt plates to hang the axle and check castor angle.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the axle under the truck tonight, still have to tighten up the u-bolts and check castor angle and shackle angles with weight on the truck. Im hoping to have it on the tires by the weekend if all is good. Carrier and spider gears should be in this week too.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Axle is now has weight on it, seems to be sitting a couple inches taller then the rear. Around 8* of caster (going from flattop on knuckle compared to top of bed?), is that a bit much seems I read around 6* is ideal? Also how does the shackle angle look?

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
For comparison purposes:

How far forward my springs are:

Where my rear mounts are and the angle of the shackles with weight on them:

To get this angle we measured 3 different 73-87 K10 trucks with the suspension loaded and unloaded. This setup mimics them.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Axle is now has weight on it, seems to be sitting a couple inches taller then the rear. Around 8* of caster (going from flattop on knuckle compared to top of bed?), is that a bit much seems I read around 6* is ideal? Also how does the shackle angle look?

if i remember right 4*-6* negative camber is the spec, 8 is a little much, the closer to 0 you get the more it will want to wander on its own and have kind of a floaty steering

rear hangers should have been up higher, the spring on that angle makes for a harsh ride and more axle walk toward the body as they compress

Last edited: