Did a full detail on the silverado over the weekend!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Very Nice I may pick up some of those polishes you used. What Pads are you using? I use a makita, with 3m Polishes and compounds and pads and top it with a meguiars paste wax and I still need to pick up a sealant, How do you like the werkstat, products? from what I can tell they are very good.

BlackSilverado98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very Nice I may pick up some of those polishes you used. What Pads are you using? I use a makita, with 3m Polishes and compounds and pads and top it with a meguiars paste wax and I still need to pick up a sealant, How do you like the werkstat, products? from what I can tell they are very good.

Thanks! I am using the Lake Country Pads Here is a link to them I use a makita as well sometimes. It would of taken a lot less time using it in this detail. However, the truck has original paint with 196,000 on it and I didn't want to chance burning through the paint so I took the safe way. I love werkstatt stuff. I use the Prime Strong to fix any light marring left behind with the Menzerna Super Intensive Polish. Then the Acrylic Jett is a sealant. You just spray some on it and buff it in till it turns clear and thats it. You don't wipe it off because it stays on to "seal" the paint. Seems to do a very good job at it too.

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
perfect example of the perfect gmt400, which = the perfect pickup.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
HUGE change! That truck looks new.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it took awhile but finally got a much needed full detail on my 98 Silverado. Claybared everything first, then went over it with menzerna super intensive polish, then werkstatt prime strong, and 2 coats of werkstatt sealant. All using my porter cable 7424. First are a few before and after shots and then the end result. Not bad for original factory paint with 196,000 miles:)

You must be registered for see images attach

Very nice work!

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would do that to my truck but my paint aint worth saving. very nice work man! i love your truck!