denali/escalade/yukon gauge swap help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dante gales

Reaction score
i need some help i want to do a gauge swap in my 90 chevy k1500 right now it has the sweep gauges and no tachometer, i want to swap to needle gauges that go to 100-120 and has a tachometer. i’ve seen people talk about putting some in there 96 c1500’s and i was just wondering if it would be the same for a 90 k1500 since the 96s are a bit newer and different that the 90’s. would any escalade, denali, yukon etc. gauges fit? if they do fit is it just plug in play or do u need a harness? if not how do u wire it up properly? any helps greatly appreciated

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Others here will know more on the specifics, but I know for sure that an Escalade/Denali cluster isn't going to work in a '90 without major modifications. IIRC your only option for a plug-n-play factory needle gauge cluster would be one from a '91, and they're pretty rare/expensive. I believe '92 and up use a different connector.