Denali Door panels on crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
How do i remove the part around the door handle, the part that says yukon denali to swap on my crew cab rear door panels?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I have searched for over an hour, the other day i seen pictures of the center part removed, they said it would help on shipping. Does it just have 2 sided tape or what?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
No, that stuff is glued on with some nasty glue. I've pulled them off, but it's hard to do without messing up those inserts. The last couple sets I pulled off I ended up taking a utility knife and going around the edges. I cut the door panel just a bit so that the material on the door panel would peel off with it if that makes any sense.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried to remove a Denali insert from a damaged panel, way too much time & effort w/ all of that glue. So I did the chrome door handles & wood trim only & put on my blue panels

Last edited:

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is the only picture I can find at the moment... But I replaced mine with Escalade trim. Painted the leather grey and the woodgrain gloss black. It came out awesome.
It was a bit of a project, but after I got the hang of it with the first one the other 3 were much easier.

You must be registered for see images attach

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
There are actually two versions of the door panels - Early trucks (95 - 97 truck's i've taken apart) used a separate panel that clipped in, which was more flat. 98+ used a glued on piece that had some foam behind it. All the denalis and escalades are like that.

If you wanted to change the fabric out on a regular set of panels, the early ones would be super easy to do it with.

I personally just added the escalade switch panels, trim and handles on mine over the stock panels.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are actually two versions of the door panels - Early trucks (95 - 97 truck's i've taken apart) used a separate panel that clipped in, which was more flat. 98+ used a glued on piece that had some foam behind it. All the denalis and escalades are like that.

If you wanted to change the fabric out on a regular set of panels, the early ones would be super easy to do it with.

I personally just added the escalade switch panels, trim and handles on mine over the stock panels.

I'm wanting to do the exact same thing to my suburban. How do the wood grain trim pieces come off? And how did you mount them?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They bolt on through the door panels.

They don't fit exactly on the regular door panels as the escalade ones are missing some foam, so it's a little tight.
Oh okay, thank you for the info!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk