Decisions with priority

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr. 557

Reaction score
OK- Bad exhaust leak at both exhaust manifolds and pass side flange to crossover pipe. Bad enough to affect a 5-min ride inside the cab. Also, need new tires. Old tires still have tread left, but not enough to pass inspection come November though. On the plate: Long tube headers, dual exhaust system $$$ or start ordering tires and wheels first? Not sure just which should get priority first:hmm:

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm, if my exhaust was that bad I'd be fixing it first. If it came down to it on the tires you could always get a cheap used set off of cl or somewhere that sells used tires to pass inspection in nov. At least normally around here in nc and va the weather doesn't get crappy enough to really need good tires til early dec, and hopefully by then you can have the money to get your tires and wheels, so you got good tread when the snow hits lol.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive picked up some really nice tires at the local scrapyards for cheap. Usually like 30 bucks a tire or something (depending on tread). I would deffinetly do the exhaust first.

Z Fury

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive picked up some really nice tires at the local scrapyards for cheap. Usually like 30 bucks a tire or something (depending on tread). I would deffinetly do the exhaust first.

I would definitely go this route. Fix the exhaust, go cheap on the tires until you can afford to get what you want (wheel/tire package).

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
V10??? I-----uh-----really----dont----want to know????

"V" was the designation Chevy gave to the OOBS style trucks built from 1988-91. So, 4x4 burbs, blazers and 1 tons got the "V" and the 2wd got "R" .And the "10" is because its a half ton. And as for the OP...why not just throw some new exhaust gaskets in and get new tires. It doesnt sound like your manifolds are cracked. Would probably cost 20 bucks in parts.