Decided to build a garage. Now the fun begins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Doors make it "really" real!

Richard
Thanks! Another major step completed!

Decided to go with manually operated doors for now, and may add a motor to the smallest of the three, at some point. That's where my DD will live.

As for the door company, they were the right choice. Turns out that most of the experienced techs from the first company I looked at (Amelia Overhead Door) wound up leaving and going to work for this company (Commonwealth Garage Door). They were about the same price, but Commonwealth actually sent someone out to look at the site and measure the openings.

You must be registered for see images attach

BuiltToWork

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! Another major step completed!

Decided to go with manually operated doors for now, and may add a motor to the smallest of the three, at some point. That's where my DD will live.

As for the door company, they were the right choice. Turns out that most of the experienced techs from the first company I looked at (Amelia Overhead Door) wound up leaving and going to work for this company (Commonwealth Garage Door). They were about the same price, but Commonwealth actually sent someone out to look at the site and measure the openings.

Nice!

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you going to get lifting handles?
For the doors?

Edit: sorry, that was a silly question on my part. Doh.

I hadn’t planned on putting any handles on the doors, as they will be lifted from the inside where there are places to grab onto and lift. I’m assuming that when they’re closed they’ll be latched, which means coming inside to open them.

I kind of wish they had a manual twist type handle on the outside, that operates two bars that go into the rails to lock it in place when closed. I don’t know if they could be added, but it’s a thought.

After using the doors for a while I may add handles, or even motor actuators. Time will tell.

Last edited: