dana 60

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
found a d60 for 50 bucks, but the tubes were cut behind the inner c's (they used em for a 14blt steer axle)

im really debating on buying it, but not sure if i should or not... ill have to buy inner c's, knuckles, hubs, brakes, rotors, axle shafts, etc...

what do yall think, buy it or pass it

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depending on your ability, it might be worth it. several things to consider, the wms-wms will be narrower if you don't re-tube it, thus you are looking at custom cut shafts. you can re-tube to factory specs, toss on some Solid Inner and outer castings and be all set to go.

I have seen stock inner castings on ebay from time to time, but are usually way over priced.

Free to $50 is about what I would expect to get for a cut up D60 with stock-ish gears and open carrier, the market of who would buy it is limited.

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i was planning on re-tubing it, but i decided to pass on it... ill just find a 10blt/44 for now and search a better 60

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay, new offer on the table... a guy a wheel with offered me a late 70's (not sure wich yr) high pinion 44/ 60 rear fer a good price and im gna go ahead and jump on it for my SAS... now for a little clarrification... if possible i want to keep a factory look with the 6 lug pattern, and im thinking i can just put a chevy d44 6 lug rotor/hub on the ford dana 44... the problem im running into and cant find anything definate online, is if the rotor will work with the ford spindle, or if i need to change the spindle, as well as the axle shaft itself... would i just run the ford inner and chevy outer? for the rear ill probly just sell the 60 and get a sf 14 bolt

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To make the front 6lug, you need to replace everything from the knuckle out. Ford is different than gm , dodge and jeep.
The rear you will have to go aftermarket like blackbird customs. I can not think of a d60 that was 6lug factory. And if there was, parts are most likely not plentiful.

Check out my build, put those axles into my 98. For a semi stock look I'm running h2 rims, but more modern 2500 wheels would have that factory look.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To add, knuckle out means everything, the ford is a 5 bold spindle, Chevy and jeep are exactly the same and are 6 bolt spindles. Bearings are also different, I believe the out, google Mr. N D44 lots of great info

STEBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To add, knuckle out means everything, the ford is a 5 bold spindle, Chevy and jeep are exactly the same and are 6 bolt spindles. Bearings are also different, I believe the out, google Mr. N D44 lots of great info

yea, i finally found it last night... both spindles have a 1.625 outside bearing, but the ford has bigger inner bearings aswell as the 5 hole spindle... personally ive nvr hear of a d60 6lug, so i was just gna try and trade the 60 for a sf 14blt