Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t able to get a picture, but my truck isn’t the only 400 with rear camber. I saw one today with noticeable rear camber on both sides except his was a solid axle… How he achieved that is beyond me lol. Maybe a big enough jump to bend the axle tubes, it was a high schooler driving it after all.

Intragration

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plastic breaks and aluminum corrodes and what is steel will still rust.....
You're not wrong HotWheels, but the modern vehicles depend so much more on electronics, which can fail and potentially become unavailable, where the older, more mechanical ones can potentially continue to be serviced. It's all relative, of course, and I'm a late adopter of everything, so maybe I'll change my mind in the future. For the time being though, my vote would be with the 400.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a GMT400 in there somewhere.
You must be registered for see images attach
Aha, you got caught in the old "the bigger the shed, the less stuff you have to get rid of" trap. Reguardless of the floor size of your shed, the amount of work space is always remains constant as in "next to nothing".

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a big model kit.....
Except there’s no instructions because I refuse to dig out the giant FSM :facepalm:
Aha, you got caught in the old "the bigger the shed, the less stuff you have to get rid of" trap. Reguardless of the floor size of your shed, the amount of work space is always remains constant as in "next to nothing".
You know it’s bad when you start breaking out the folding picnic tables.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t able to get a picture, but my truck isn’t the only 400 with rear camber. I saw one today with noticeable rear camber on both sides except his was a solid axle… How he achieved that is beyond me lol.
Guys who road raced early RX-7s would use a cutoff wheel to cut the axle tubes except for about an inch at the very bottom. Then they'd tweak the tube closed at the top and weld it. It would give about 2-3° of rear camber and the axles were springy enough to handle the flex. You could probably get away with it with a 10 bolt.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I wasn’t able to get a picture, but my truck isn’t the only 400 with rear camber. I saw one today with noticeable rear camber on both sides except his was a solid axle… How he achieved that is beyond me lol. Maybe a big enough jump to bend the axle tubes, it was a high schooler driving it after all.

My 93 Camaro has about 3/32" of toe in and .5* negative camber in its stock axle. Heat/shrink/cool with a rosebud is all you need, and those numbers fit within factory spec.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 93 Camaro has about 3/32" of toe in and .5* negative camber in its stock axle. Heat/shrink/cool with a rosebud is all you need, and those numbers fit within factory spec.
I have seen small amounts of camber like that but the truck I saw yesterday was about 3 degrees negative. And it was lifted so I don’t think he did it on purpose for performance.