Daily truck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the early 400 Burbs are not nearly as common as the newer ones in my area either. I haven't seen any in a while.
That said, when we first moved to this RV park, there was one here, on the front row. '92-93, think it was a gate, but it had to be a 5.7 because it was a 5 lug wheel. I never got to talk to its owner (they were never here at the same time I was) but it pulled a trailer as big as the Burb. Other than that '94 6.5 dually I posted pics of year before last, and the '93 454 dually last April, that Burb is the only 400 that's been here besides my two. Most trucks are way newer around these parts, and about evenly divided between GM, Ferd and Ram.
I know when I went to a big campground in South Carolina in April it was a toss up, mostly 2010-2019 GMs, Fords, Rams so and and so forth, but I counted about 12 OBS Chevys in there counting mine, my buddy went later in the year and said the newer trucks outnumbered the old ones.

Attachments

• PXL_20220508_120846121.jpg
    PXL_20220508_120846121.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20220505_150433906.jpg
    PXL_20220505_150433906.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 17

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Probably further into the South like you are, there's going to be more of the older trucks. The more working class parts of Houston, Texas area have more 400s and 800s. When I had to go to the Eastside twice a week for work, I always saw older GM trucks (go back a few months in daily truck pics and the ones I posted from jacinto city). There are a couple of shops over there that seemed to accumulate older trucks.... until I found the shop I had the Burb at, I thought I would have to take it across town.

vaquero

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Installed the LG Billet shorty antenna today, in cerakote black. Really like how it looks; I'm not a fan of the .50 cal bullet antennas, So this was a nice alternative.
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the LG Billet shorty antenna today, in cerakote black. Really like how it looks; I'm not a fan of the .50 cal bullet antennas, So this was a nice alternative.
That does look good. I had a .50 on mine for a little while until someone thought they could use it as a grab handle to try and climb onto my hood.

They didn’t think it was a grab handle anymore when they fractured their tail bone because the .50 broke off while their feet got stuck between the top of the tire and the fender.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

vaquero

Reaction score
Is this the one?

https://www.lgbilletusa.com/collections/c-k-pickup-1988-1998/products/billet-shorty-antenna

That's nice looking, I really like it. Have you noticed any drop in reception going to the shorter antenna? If not then I may have to pick up a couple of these.
That is the one. They were running a special until New Years, free shipping, so I snagged one. As far as the reception drop... That is to be determined. I made a mistake of putting some blue Loctite on the threads thinking it wouldn't make much difference. Doh! Now I need too remove it and see if the signal improves. Anyone knows what will dissolved blue Loctite?