Cv axle popping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TD Henley

Reaction score
My cv axles are popping because the boots on both sides are split. Witch it has threw all the grease out. I was wondering if it is too late to just replace the boot or should i go ahead and replace the axles?

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If they are already popping, it's to late to fix it with just a boot. You will never get all the crap/diet and road junk outta the CV area that has collected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kinda a pick your poison situation. O'Reilly's, napa, autozone, etc all carry pretty much the same thing these days. The last set I got a few years ago for my 94 came from napa. They haven't let me down yet. If they do they are lifetime warranty just like everyone else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Try Advance, they give discounts online with coupon codes. You can also try Rockauto, but last time I ordered Advance actually beat them in price. I haven't actually installed the CV axle from Advance yet. The first one I got from Rockauto was a Cardone and it didn't last long... the boots started leaking. They're all Chinese.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Don't forget to pad the lower shock mount so you don't rip a boot on it. I ruined my remaining good OEM CV shaft that way.