Cutouts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would say go with a different style muffler if you want noise,its a waste of money doing cutouts, its a truck not a car thats goin to the track to do the 1/4 mile,thats just my 2 cents

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
i would say go with a different style muffler if you want noise,its a waste of money doing cutouts, its a truck not a car thats goin to the track to do the 1/4 mile,thats just my 2 cents
That's a good point...your truck will also actually lose a little low end power with them open unless you have it tuned specifically for cutouts

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I only used them on my turbo cars. Yeah, you put them on your truck up by the manifolds and you will lose power. If the system is still stock and you do want a cutout, put it after the cat and in front of the muffler. If you don't have a cat, put it where the cat was. Would keep you from losing power.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the 3-bolt plate style on each bank and even though the Camaro is low, it doesn't take much time to pop them off...and they don't leak one bit when closed. I liked them so much I bought the same style for the Beretta...and that car gained 3mph in the 1/4 putting it before my Catco converter!

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
I have the 3-bolt plate style on each bank and even though the Camaro is low, it doesn't take much time to pop them off...and they don't leak one bit when closed. I liked them so much I bought the same style for the Beretta...and that car gained 3mph in the 1/4 putting it before my Catco converter!

Beretta a Quad 4?

Edit- Dumb question, I see your sig. I couldn't ever get 200hp from my 3.1. 220 is amazing. I bought most of my parts from Milzy Motorsports.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Beretta a Quad 4?

Edit- Dumb question, I see your sig. I couldn't ever get 200hp from my 3.1. 220 is amazing. I bought most of my parts from Milzy Motorsports.

3.1MPFI or 3100SFI? Mine has an '04 3400 running the 22.5lb MultecII's in MPFI mode. Headers really wake them up vs the log manifolds. It ran 94.8 with a dying 4th gear, but I think it will do 98-99.

A had a Quad4, but the 3400 is a LOT stronger.

You must be registered for see images