cut springs!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know some people like them and some people hate them, but i cant see getting new springs for .75 or 1'' drop. im only looking for a little more drop. i just decided to do my truck over from the ground up sense i really need alignment.and i need to put a camber caster kit on. so i decided why not just bushings while im down there. so it looks like im going for polyuritane bushings, camber caster kit, and hopefully cut my springs. im looking for help on this sense i have never put a camber caster kit on or replaced springs. i heard about burning the bushings out. what do you guys think the best way of going about this would be?

92terminator

Reaction score
ive cut oem springs to lower 1-2'' and the ride was not that bad, but if you allready have 2-3'' drop springs i wouldnt cut them. IMO
what springs do you currently have?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like to use an air hammer to punch the bushing's out, it's some work, but it should take 1-2 hours' to do all the CA bushing's, that is once they are off of the truck.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive cut oem springs to lower 1-2'' and the ride was not that bad, but if you allready have 2-3'' drop springs i wouldnt cut them. IMO
what springs do you currently have?

As of right now I have 2" drop spindles with oem springs

How much would I cut for a 1" drop?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When I did the urethane bushings in my truck, I first picked up a used set of upper & lower control arms, ($50.00) & installed the bushings in those. When it came time to do this, it made the down time way shorter, & a lot less frustrating.