Custom side steps...thoughts?...your designs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattgio72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

For those of you who haven't seen my build thread...here is my hitch step installed(shoukd have my side steps on soon)...also bent up an aluminum tailgate cap which is also powder coated same color...and then my traction bars I built are all finished and installed...

mattgio72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got my steps installed finally and I like them a lot!...I've been getting quite a few negative comments on them over at gmfullsize.com(too over the top, hang too low, too busy/gawdy), and everyone has an opinion, but IMO they turned out pretty good, an they are something a touch different than the N-fab steps that everyone is beggining to run...anyways here are some pics...

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this thread is a few months old, but I just stumbled over it looking for step bar ideas. I must admit your work is stunning! They definitely give me some ideas if i ever tackle building a set. They look right at home on your crew cab, a rather gorgeous truck all around! Tell the gmfullsize.com to stuff it, lol. Most of them are self righteous and ignorant, I left that site years a go and just recently came here. So I may be thread digging, but I wanted to say you did a stellar job!

mattgio72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this thread is a few months old, but I just stumbled over it looking for step bar ideas. I must admit your work is stunning! They definitely give me some ideas if i ever tackle building a set. They look right at home on your crew cab, a rather gorgeous truck all around! Tell the gmfullsize.com to stuff it, lol. Most of them are self righteous and ignorant, I left that site years a go and just recently came here. So I may be thread digging, but I wanted to say you did a stellar job!

Well first off, thanks man...its a toy that I like to play with and I enjoy driving it...secondly, I don't hang around them other forums anymore...you're exactly right when you say ignorant...but thanks for checking out the steps!

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where do you buy your metal Matt? The only place I know of around here is cda metal.

mattgio72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where do you buy your metal Matt? The only place I know of around here is cda metal.

I used to work at Forest Steel over in CDA, Idaho...since then Forest has been bought by Pacific Steel and Recycling... Another place besides CDA Metals in Spokane would be Haskins Steel...

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I'm looking at getting a welder soon so I hope to have a need to buy