Custom front bumpers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoytarchery

Reaction score
The front bumper on my truck is going, and one way or another I'm getting a push bumper.

Is there a way to find and buy one that is custom without going to a company and paying $900 for one?

I've searched craigslist and I never find anything on there.

If nothing else I can build one at work, but that will require a lot of time since I could only work on it during breaks, and I want to have the truck readily available to set the bumper on and make sure everything looks and fits well.

Any ideas?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I have a few idea's, but you may not like them lol, remember I gave them freely.

1. Widen your net, look at other full size trucks. They are all basically the same size, so if you can weld, then you can move/make brackets. You'll have to fit and grind.

2. Go to move bumpers and get a kit. I think they are around 500 bucks-ish, dpending on options. You'll still have to fit and grind.

3. Take your chances on Ebay. Companies pop up regularly making various bumpers. Maybe they fit, maybe they don't. Most of these companies disappear in a few year's.

4. If you truly want a bumper you can take out of a box and bolt onto your truck, with no more effort on your part than lifting it up, sack up and pay the money, that is what you're paying 900+ for, quality.

Hoytarchery

Reaction score
I have a few idea's, but you may not like them lol, remember I gave them freely.

1. Widen your net, look at other full size trucks. They are all basically the same size, so if you can weld, then you can move/make brackets. You'll have to fit and grind.

2. Go to move bumpers and get a kit. I think they are around 500 bucks-ish, dpending on options. You'll still have to fit and grind.

3. Take your chances on Ebay. Companies pop up regularly making various bumpers. Maybe they fit, maybe they don't. Most of these companies disappear in a few year's.

4. If you truly want a bumper you can take out of a box and bolt onto your truck, with no more effort on your part than lifting it up, sack up and pay the money, that is what you're paying 900+ for, quality.

Well I didn't want a kit bumper, like I said I can make one at work that could pull a house down. Just wasn't sure if there was a certain site where people might sell old ones and save the extra time.

Hoytarchery

Reaction score

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score

That is a Logans Metal Products bumper. I bought a front bumper from them years ago for my Jeep and just recently bought their rear bumper for the GMT400 platform and modded it with a tire carrier and they are both well made and can't complain with all the abuse I have given the one on my Jeep. So I don't see me having any problems with the rear one for my Yukon.

If you decide to go that route with a Logans Metal Products front bumper, you won't be disappointed.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Find a Westin Bull Bar on Craigslist, cut, notch and weld it to your existing front bumper - cheap custom mod :anitoof:

(check my sig for how it'll look)