Cruise not working in my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not really that hard...I've changed a bunch of them. Definitely a cramped area to work in and the harness is short on slack especially 1995-up but it's not THAT bad a job! :gr_grin:

Richard

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried finding the switch, it must really be burried. Mine works if I lift the pedal a bit. I'll just live with it until it no longer works.. :)

Its easier to find blind than it is to lay on your back and see. Follow the brake pedal up to the rod that goes through the booster. The switch may not be as hard to swap as I let on, but its no picnic.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Not really that hard...I've changed a bunch of them. Definitely a cramped area to work in and the harness is short on slack especially 1995-up but it's not THAT bad a job! :gr_grin:

Richard

I said I'd like to beat the guy with a baseball bat and I stand by my statement.

:rofl:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tell you what; I'd rather change 100 brake switches than 10 fresh air/recirculate actuators. :gr_grin:

Richard

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, just got back from holidays so I will pick up the brake switch maybe tomorrow. If not, sometime this week and try and do it.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
My cruise wasn't working, but it probably had something to do with me forgetting to plug the wire back into the controller under the hood when I was doing some wiring for an amp. Plugged it back in, and magic.

Moral of the story, check the "obvious" (or not so obvious) things first.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the switch today at Piston ring for $22. Will attack this tomorrow and go from there, and more info on how to adjust?

Instructions state; 1. Depress the brake pedal fully.
2. Pull the lever (A) on the brake switch back to its stop (figure 7).
3. Pull the brake pedal back to the rest position.

*I am sure I can figure it out and will look at the one in the truck before ripping it out.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed the switch today and was really straight forward. Hardest part for me was getting the switch to latch onto the rod again but that just required a little more force to snap it on. Now my cruise works, and my TCC is working the way it should be!

I removed the panel underneath the steering column to get a little more room into there. Had a command start computer and wiring in the way but was still relatively easy. I laid on my back across the transmission tunnel which I found to be the easiest.

Thanks for all the help.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nice work and thanks for posting back that it's fixed. And I'm not just saying that because I enjoy being right. :gr_grin:

Richard