Crate engine company’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you sure you need a rebuild? Did you do a full tune up 1st? My L31 has over 200k runs great never been rebuilt.

thebigcar

Reaction score
Why not a junkyard LS swap? 1998 might be new enough where you can buy factory GM swap parts that bolt in (like motor mounts) - I'm no expert but a reprogrammed 0411 ecm, exhaust collectors and possibly aftermarket fuel pump might be all the non bolt in parts you need.

Selrahc360

Reaction score
Hello and thank you in advance.
Truck: 1998 K1500 extended cab 5.0l 305 cid
5 speed manual and manual floor 4x4
My engine is tired and I would just have it rebuilt however the reviews of rebuilders i have found in my area are all over the place so i was just gonna go with a crate engine however I’ve ran into the same problem some say they are great and some say they are trash so im kinda lost. I do not want to change to 350 i like my 305 and it does fine for what i do. Running job site to job site. What companies are good and what companies should i stay away from. I live in Washington state if any companies are some what close that would be helpful
S and J very reasonable, located in Spokane.