Cowl induction Two Tone paint job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchlgriffith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i painted this hood a few weeks ago but figured i would post it up so others can see and and leave there thoughts. i wasnt going for anything too flashy, my truck has black wheels so i decided to add a little touch of black to the new cowl induction hood i grabbed off of craiglist for 200 bucks , it was unused but it had a dent from shipping, i repaird it and painted it, and was able to sell my old hood for almost wat i paid for the new one.

Attachments

• hood 6.jpg
    hood 6.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 55
  • hood5.jpg
    hood5.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 50
  • hood4.jpg
    hood4.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 32
  • hood 3.jpg
    hood 3.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 47
  • hood2.jpg
    hood2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 44
  • hood1.jpg
    hood1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 40

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hood looks great. Been looking for a similar cowl hood in the Charlotte, NC area with no luck.
Nearest seems to be in Clayton, NC. Got a 99 K2500 'burb. Any ideas what trucks had factory
cowl hoods? Recently saw Chevy 3500 with cowl hood. Don't know if it was OEM? Looked original.
The shipping on a hood sorta sucks.

mchlgriffith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hood looks great. Been looking for a similar cowl hood in the Charlotte, NC area with no luck.
Nearest seems to be in Clayton, NC. Got a 99 K2500 'burb. Any ideas what trucks had factory
cowl hoods? Recently saw Chevy 3500 with cowl hood. Don't know if it was OEM? Looked original.
im not sure if any came with factory cowl hoods, maybe the new trucks if there special edition, im not sure, this hood came from auto metal direct (AMD)
and it was damaged during shipping so i bought it from the original purchaser and repaird it

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score

You found a cowl for sale here in Clayton? Hmm, maybe I should have checked around here before I just bought one last week online lol.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. The bug guard kinda hides it but I understand why you put it on. The front of mine is all chipped up already...

mchlgriffith

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea the bug guard was on my original hood and i switched it over, i left it off for a little bit but it didnt look right without to me, i guess i was just so used to it being there