Core/Hurst NV3500 shifter install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Test fit, my factory carpet was cut too big for it. Bummer. Green is epoxy primer. I had planned on painting it black.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chris over at core shifters sent me a set of the lighter duty inner and outer springs. It quieted 5th gear down A LOT !!! Easy install and a road test, you can barely hear the noise i was describing in 5th gear. I say this was a win win.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Always nice when a company stands behind their product and works towards a real solution.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The awful noise in 5th gear is now about 99% gone. You can slightly hear it, That last 1% if it annoys me i can probably fine tune it out with mixing and matching the spring tensions a bit. More than likely all i would need to add is one of the stiffer inner springs on the right side, and leave the weaker outer one on the right side intact.

hb32

Reaction score
Installed mine last week and so use to the longer throw that I am having difficulty finding gears. Sure over time it will get a lot better.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I also used a coupling nut and a threaded stud to extend the length of the shifter by about 2" at the ball end. I turned the coupling nut down on a lathe at work. The extra 2" length helped a lot with ergonomics and with leverage to make it much better.

I have a build thread going that i titled my 1994 silverado. On page 7 about halfway down has pix of my shifter extender I made out of the coupling nut. Use the GMT400 search engine to find the thread.

Last edited: