cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverfox

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I have finally got my truck---I need to make it mine. One of the things (actually 2) is to remove the fan and install electric cooling fan(s). What is the consensus !!! 1 or 2 . I also want it to come on automatically.Where is everyone getting their cooling fans from and what model. The other thing is I need to spray in a liner in my bed to protect it . what is the best stuff to use. Thanks Guys and what a Great site for reading and finding out stuff !!!
Silverfox

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I bought a electric fan kit off Amazon for $65 shipped as a test run and its turned out to work great for about a year now. 2 15" fans and a Deral (no sure on spelling) controller. Ran at 180* all summer long, check my build thread to see the install. I also have it wired to a switch so I can turn it on manually if I want.... as for bedliner, I can't say for sure. Guy at work just did his in Herculiner and it looks nice and seems to be pretty tough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Made one on my 89:

You must be registered for see images attach

Ford Taurus 2 speed fan. I built a relay system for the two speed function. Lowspeed was triggered off a temp switch, high speed was selectable from a cab switch and also came on with AC. Everything was disable-able from the cab for water fording rivers and ponds. The Taurus shroud was cut down and sealed to the OEM rad shroud.

Later, I triggered it with programmable outputs from a 411 PCM.

Paid 20 bucks for the fan with the OEM wiring and OEM CB intact. I had the wiring and relays already in my " regular stock".

Worked great for 4 years until I finally scrapped the truck. Still have the fan and shroud on a shelf in the garage...