Coolant Temperature Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My gauge on the dash has always read low. It reads a constant 100-110. Hardly ever moves. I hook up a scanner which shows the true reading, and it's way way off.

I've replaced both coolant temp sensors (top and bottom ones) and it still did not fix the gauge.
I grounded the sensor plug and the gauge on the dash went to full hot so the gauge must be working ok.

I'm out of ideas here does anybody know what it might be??

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll replace the thermostat tomorrow. Would it be a good idea to get the 180 degree thermostat since I live in texas or should I just go with the regular 195? Also what aftermarket brand is worth the money?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the 195 as that's what the computer is looking for to go into closed loop. I always use the fail safe ones that fail in the open position...

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sais he already replaced both the sensor and sender. I have done the same, but still have an identical problem. The funny thing is, it used to work. TBI engines go into closed loop whenever the o2 sensor reaches operating temp, regardless of coolant temp. Ive seen my truck go into closed loop as early as 100 degrees.