Colorado2500's 1989 C2500 ECLB Build (The Little Big Truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang, been a while since I updated this.

Most of the summer I barely worked on my truck because of my XJ project, but once I realized it's full lemon status, I began to reinvest time and money into my baby.

Rebuilt the Throttle Body.
You must be registered for see images

Ah, nice and clean. Also pictured is my new Taylor Cap, plus rotor too, which I bought to fix an occasional miss/stumble. Still happens, but seems better.

Cleaned up and repainted my wiper arms, cheap and easy, looks great.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cleaned up and redid my front anti-sway bar. I used the Energy Suspension kit with red polyurethane bushings, greaseable mounts.
It's a nice, cheap mod and it really tightened up the truck. She drives sooo much better now.

Finally got a crossbed toolbox.
It's a black powder coated steel box from Tractor Supply Co., and for the money, it's a pretty nice box. Lock seems secure, and overall pretty sturdy.

As she sits now.
I painted on a 'bug shield' with bedliner, to cover the hood corrosion.
Repainted the center section of the grill with bedliner too, stuff is great.

Still need to redo some of my cooling system, fix or replace my headlight switch, and fix a super annoying exhaust manifold leak.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was like mid-summer, before I started working on it again.
Going places I don't belong.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang, been a while since I updated this.

Most of the summer I barely worked on my truck because of my XJ project, but once I realized it's full lemon status, I began to reinvest time and money into my baby.

Rebuilt the Throttle Body.

Ah, nice and clean. Also pictured is my new Taylor Cap, plus rotor too, which I bought to fix an occasional miss/stumble. Still happens, but seems better.

Cleaned up and repainted my wiper arms, cheap and easy, looks great.

Cleaned up and redid my front anti-sway bar. I used the Energy Suspension kit with red polyurethane bushings, greaseable mounts.
It's a nice, cheap mod and it really tightened up the truck. She drives sooo much better now.

Finally got a crossbed toolbox.
It's a black powder coated steel box from Tractor Supply Co., and for the money, it's a pretty nice box. Lock seems secure, and overall pretty sturdy.

As she sits now.
I painted on a 'bug shield' with bedliner, to cover the hood corrosion.
Repainted the center section of the grill with bedliner too, stuff is great.

Still need to redo some of my cooling system, fix or replace my headlight switch, and fix a super annoying exhaust manifold leak.

I wonder if I should replace me anti away bar links the ones on the lower a arms

What kind of difference did u feel when turning etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if I should replace me anti away bar links the ones on the lower a arms

What kind of difference did u feel when turning etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It feels way smoother and more controlled everywhere, around town and on the highway.
Try it, they're pretty cheap. The whole kit was like $35, and it has all new links, bushings, and mounts.

HooliganC2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah forsure. Hell right now mines parked behind the house with a blown trans. Saving up money to get it replaced then send the other one off to mexico and getbit rebuilt for a back up.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah forsure. Hell right now mines parked behind the house with a blown trans. Saving up money to get it replaced then send the other one off to mexico and getbit rebuilt for a back up.
That's rough, 700R4?
Mine is definitely a bit worn out and has an awful rattling sound, but we'll see how long she lasts.

HooliganC2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup 700r4. Gotta go to my boys toy yard and look at one he has. Then buy a new torque converter.