Colorado2500's 1989 C2500 ECLB Build (The Little Big Truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't done anything to the truck, but did do some mild exploring and wheeling with some buddies over the weekend.
You must be registered for see images

Went pretty well, didn't get stuck once, but I picked up a nice trucker sunburn and the truck got a weird accessory drive noise.

Also, I need to check out my flexplate, I have a scraping/rattling noise from the transmission area.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Awesome truck! Keep up the good work, definitely one of my faves.

Does it drive any different without the sway bar? Would you recommend doing without it?

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome truck! Keep up the good work, definitely one of my faves.

Does it drive any different without the sway bar? Would you recommend doing without it?
Thanks, and maybe a bit more body roll, but not bad, my trucks a 2500 so the springs are a bit stiffer so it rolls less than a 1500 anyway.
Probably wouldn't recommend it though, the bushings in mine were pretty old and worn so I don't think it did a whole lot, but mostly I was curious what it would do without it.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got around to deleting the RWAL system in my truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up this fitting at AutoZone for about $2.50

Went okay, I had some trouble getting the damn things to come apart and then to not leak, and honestly not impressed with the results.
Overall, even after bleeding the rear many times, the pedal feels still on the soft side, but it is now consistent at least and will lock up the tires if I try. The softness may have to do with my stock rubber brake lines, but I'm not sure, any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced my annoying sticky brake light switch today, the old one was such a flimsy piece of junk even compared to the new duralast one!
Anyways it's a huge pain to do, and if you have cruise control like me, you're in for a whole another level of frustration.
But it's done and the new switch works, so I'm happy.

Don't have any pics of the switches, but here she is basking in the rain.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
On my truck (granted it's a 98 with OBDII) when I bled the brakes I had to use my dad's OTC Genesis touch scanner to do an automated bleed on the brakes. The computer made the pedal act like ABS was going crazy and the pedal would push you back into the seat. Apparently after bleeding the brakes for 3 hours there is still air in the ABS system.

Besides that, I like the build :) A kid in high school had a 89 k2500 8 lug ECLB truck that I wanted forever. Was a blue and silver tone till he thought it was smart to paint the truck a billion times with rattle cans to the point it looked like crap (flat black, dukes of hazzard orange, then black again). He treated that truck poorly.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my truck (granted it's a 98 with OBDII) when I bled the brakes I had to use my dad's OTC Genesis touch scanner to do an automated bleed on the brakes. The computer made the pedal act like ABS was going crazy and the pedal would push you back into the seat. Apparently after bleeding the brakes for 3 hours there is still air in the ABS system.

Besides that, I like the build :) A kid in high school had a 89 k2500 8 lug ECLB truck that I wanted forever. Was a blue and silver tone till he thought it was smart to paint the truck a billion times with rattle cans to the point it looked like crap (flat black, dukes of hazzard orange, then black again). He treated that truck poorly.
Thanks, I'd take rough factory paint over a bad rattle can job any day.
Yeah the brakes aren't too bad right now, but here soon I'll replace the fluid and install some speed bleeders and see where that gets me.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PSA: Check your pulleys!
I had my tensioner pulley completely seize on me this morning on the highway.

A horrible screeching sound along with a burning smell is not a great way to start your day. Melted my nearly new belt too.

Old vs. New

Unknown age + No inspection + ? = complete failure