Coil-overs: QA1 vs ALDAN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Thank you for explaining, makes total sense as I didn't think about the stock spring perch and pressure points .

Not sure if anyone might know the difference between the two single adjustable 700lb coilovers that Aldan offers #300132 and #300220. Website says #300220 is for custom control arms but I'd like to know what that difference is between the two coilovers, because if it is only the length, it'll affect the drop I can achieve
They should be the same, but I'd give Aldan a call to verify it.

808_c1500

Reaction score
so i called Aldan and they said that the #300220 coilovers are about an inch shorter in length so in theory, they should add an additional inch to the drop range. Trade off is that the max height setting is also an inch less when compared to the longer #300132 coilovers.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I overcompensated for the drop when I first put mine in... had to lift it about 1.5 inches - she still sat low but rode like she was on rails... I love them- I will get another set for my current OBS eventually... sold the 98 that I put the Aldan's in.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I can't believe I missed this post.

I have a super early set of Aldan American coilovers on my shortbed. They've been on there for 4 or 5 years now. Still in great shape, no issues.

04SVT

Reaction score
I put a set of Aldans on my 93 C1500. They went on easily, and work well, but adjustability is tough. I don't know if it's the pressure from the spring or what, but I was barely able to move the ring at all after installation. I guess you'd have to pop the lower control loose, thereby giving some relief to the spring, to adjust them properly and without struggle. Other than adjustability, they seem to be of really good quality.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Aldans on my 93 C1500. They went on easily, and work well, but adjustability is tough. I don't know if it's the pressure from the spring or what, but I was barely able to move the ring at all after installation. I guess you'd have to pop the lower control loose, thereby giving some relief to the spring, to adjust them properly and without struggle. Other than adjustability, they seem to be of really good quality.

Do you have the thrust bearings installed?

Last edited: