Chrome rocker panels

Paint or chrome rockers?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it's gonna get more eventually.

it's reflections from the water on the ground, it's not rippled at all. The door and pieces were both good and straight.

eventually I'm going to do stainless nerf bars, probably a bull bar, and maybe a roll bar in bed. Working on getting a set of round tube hand rails for the bed, but if so I either gotta cut holes for the stake pockets in my existing diamond plate, or remove the diamond plate, put on the rails and paint the bed tops. They are scratched up underneath the rail covers.

As for my fender lips, just as you said, your opinion on em. I like em, that's why I put em on, much better then the thin stockers. Only downside is both driver's side ones are bent up now thanks to a hit and run back in dec. if you notice in the newest pics, the cab corner and front of the bed are dented and paint gone, the others where it's all painted are the older ones.

Last edited:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If your getting the nerf bars, bull bar, and roll bar are you going to lift it? also I would stay with just the bed caps if you put a roll bar in it

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ohh yea definately gonna lift it one day. I'd like to do a body lift since it's cheap, and run 35's. Or try to run em as is now on stock wheels. Although I'd like to later buy 8 inch or maybe 10 inch wheels, but here I'd need fender flares to run em, and I'd love to run a cepek 6.5 and maybe 3 inch body lift on top of that and run 37's or 38's or so. Only down side, ANY lift here, modified inspection sticker, double the cost of the reg. stickers and hardly nobody does them, plus ALOT strricter inspections. I'm thinking I could hide the BL and get it by under reg. though maybe. Not to mention the big lift and big tires get limited to, 31 inch bumper or frame height max. My main thing is cash though, if I could afford the larger tires, then I might can afford the lift, but without larger tires, no way am I lifting it. Maybe buy the lift and wait for tires or vice versa. it'd just take me a long time on either. I have less then $100 a month to play with, usually alot less then that. I did find a good deal local on some 35's if I get the cash and the guy still has em.

The nerf bars cost almost as much as the body lift, but the wife, my dad and his wife already have trouble getting in it, so I need bars, but I'd love to get a body lift and have it waiting on bigger tires. You see how much gap I got now, ALOT, no way am I lifting it higher with them small tires. They are 255/70-16's but hey they were $50 total for all 4 and like new tread on em. it had 265/75's on it when I got it but they were bald and dry rotted.

I'd be happy with it having your stance Danny, for now, until I could save for a big lift and bigger meats. I would also like to swap my rusty black mirrors for stainless or chrome ones, the big dumbo ear kind like I have. Also don't mind the hood gonna dtich that scoop and build my own cowl hood as soon as i find another hood to cut up.

Last edited:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
After I get the issues I'm havin with my truck figured out I'm either SAS'ing it or cepek 6.5" on 38s

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would love to SAS mine, if I can track down the parts, I just hate mixing and matching parts, I'd like for me wheels to be the same bolt pattern etc. plus I'm not much on fab work, as far as welding goes, but for me steering and brakes are the biggest and most important thing for me.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
My roommates dad works at a 4x4 performance and offroad shop and can do just about anything I want done I just have to buy the parts

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not a fan of chrome rocker panels and anything else that stick or bolt on a truck (besides wheels and bumpers). When I bought my truck it had chrome rocker panels, chrome bed caps, and chrome fender trim. the first thing I did was remove all the cheap looking chrome.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am not a fan of chrome rocker panels and anything else that stick or bolt on a truck (besides wheels and bumpers). When I bought my truck it had chrome rocker panels, chrome bed caps, and chrome fender trim. the first thing I did was remove all the cheap looking chrome.

xxxxxx2

Not to mention the new chrome rocker panels may look okay, but years down the road they really fade and turn to crap. Then little corners or whatever may pop up. Just horrid I tell you.