Chrome front bumper question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Need a new front chrome bumper. I ordered one off of ebay, got it and was disappointed with the cheap quality of it, not to mention all the dents from shipping.
Anyway, has anyone purchased the chrome bumper from LMC truck part number 39-9803? If you did, is it a good bumper? How does it compare to the original bumper?
Is it the same thickness as the original? My other option is getting my original bumper re-chromed. Rechroming might run me about $250. Thanks.

jedifan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't tried LMC but I have good experience purchasing car stuff from JC Whitney and 4wheelonline.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So you're asking about the smooth (with license bracket hole) "premium" chrome bumper? It's probably pretty decent since they're making a big deal about it being their top-of-the-line version of the bumper.

I haven't bought any of their chrome bumpers but have bought 3 primer bumpers and the thickness was same/similar to OEM and the fit was pretty good on all 3. They probably get them from the same supplier.

Something to think about though, at $190 + $28 + $20 you're at $238 already which is nearing what you think it may cost to have yours re-done. IF and I mean a BIG IF you think you can have quality work done to your original bumper, that would be better. You know it will fit right when you re-install. Problem is, it seems like chrome shops are very hit-or-miss with their quality. Whoever you intend to do the work, research them all you can for any reviews. Some shops are bad about swapping your core part with stuff they already have done so people don't get back their original parts, which can turn into fitment and other quality issues.

Richard