Chevrolet sign on tailgate of truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Staldeker16

Reaction score
hey everyone so my chevrolete sign on the back of my truck is starting the get residue on it and i wouldnt mind redoing it. but has anyone ever taken that sign off? and if so how did you and how did you get it back on?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm assuming yoh an the tailgate banner? If so they're really hard to get off without ruining it

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I used heat gun and yanking L0L! Then tried to use goof off to get rid of the remnants. They are still there L0L! I'm hoping to either find a better looking green tailgate or I'm just going to bed line it to match the rockers on the truck L0L!

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heat gun, yanking, A LOT of patience, a lot of adhesive remover and an adhesive remover ball/wheel for your drill.

Go slow and be careful. I pulled paint off the back of my truck in a couple small spots when I pulled my banner off.

I'm still not sure, but I'm pretty sure the paint under the banner isn't clearcoated like the rest of the tailgate. I know on my truck it's not.

Before:

You must be registered for see images attach
IMG_2519

After:

IMG_3354
Photo 2014-03-30, 3 07 21 PM

BurntBurb

Reaction score
The paint under the banner should be clear coated. I believe chevy paints the entire truck before installing all trim pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was painted same as non trim areas paint looked better under it lol