changing to 6 lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
ok. that works. idk how you plan on redrilling your shafts but if it were me i would just knock out the studs and throw a 4x4 drum on there and line the holes up. and actually id probably go to a junkyard and get some spares just in case!

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok. that works. idk how you plan on redrilling your shafts but if it were me i would just knock out the studs and throw a 4x4 drum on there and line the holes up. and actually id probably go to a junkyard and get some spares just in case!

I have rear disk brakes on this truck I found a shop here in town that will redrill everything for $65 a side.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
at the very minimum, at least 2 of the 5x5 holes will interfere so they'll have to be welded up first. just went through all this and my 6 lug swap.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
at the very minimum, at least 2 of the 5x5 holes will interfere so they'll have to be welded up first. just went through all this and my 6 lug swap.

Yep that what They told be they were going to have to do

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
welded and redrilled axles, stock 1500 4x4 10" drum
You must be registered for see images attach

droptopgokart

Reaction score
So has anyone done the 2wd 3/4ton hub and rear end swap or what.... why is everyone going the drilling new studs route.... I know where a doner is sitting but I would like to see it done... not just it should work lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
it was easier for me to do the axles then swap rears and set up my 3link again

Diesel Don

Reaction score
so for those intending to run NNBS wheels (ltz 20's), is it better to get a 4wd or 2wd 14bolt? since we will need spacers in the front, is it better to have the wider axle? I need a positive answer on this.