Cassette stuck in GM cassette deck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joep88cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah somewhere in my takeoff boxes... It is a real painasonic, great when it works and a real ear drum buster when it doesn't. Can't keep it turned down starts right back to up volume..

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Joe P, that is too bad. Guess your new stereo is treating you better.

Anyhow, decided to try my factory tape deck again with a known good cassette. I checked this tape out on my home stereo, then fast forwarded and rewound. This second tape did the same thing, got stuck and clicked. I managed to fish it out pretty easy this time. So guessing the cassette deck is bad. Trying to hold off on expenses until I get my a/c fixed so I'll just stick to the radio for the time being unless I find a deal to good to pass up. Thanks all for your help.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
The tape player in wife's '99 burb went bad so I took a chance with a decent looking one from Pick-A-Part and got lucky,think I payed about $10.00 for it.

She has a couple of tapes from the 80s she likes to play on occasion...remember Hey Mickey!!! (IIRC) by Toni Basil? lol

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's a cassette? LOL
Dubs, starting to think we might have to go to a museum of "ancient science and technology" to see a working cassette deck.

Joe, I probably should have did that before sticking anything in it. Or at least got out the Q tips and alcohol and cleaned it up a bit.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tape player in wife's '99 burb went bad so I took a chance with a decent looking one from Pick-A-Part and got lucky,think I payed about $10.00 for it.

She has a couple of tapes from the 80s she likes to play on occasion...remember Hey Mickey!!! (IIRC) by Toni Basil? lol

Grampadirt, which pick-a-art do you go to? There is a couple things I want to look for, might try a tape deck for $10. Usually for a buck or two more they will give a warranty on them.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Grampadirt, which pick-a-art do you go to? There is a couple things I want to look for, might try a tape deck for $10. Usually for a buck or two more they will give a warranty on them.
This one in Sun Valley https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/locations/LKQ_Pick_Your_Part_-_Sun_Valley-263/

They do offer warranties,I've purchased many items from them.

Next day afterthought.....when I'm looking for an electrical part I'll bring a battery from cordless drill and a set of homemade jumper wires to test a part I find,if you have a drill bring the battery to test any cassette player you find.Of course bring an old cassette along with you.You won't hear any sound but at least you'll know if the mechanics work.

Last edited:

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dubs, starting to think we might have to go to a museum of "ancient science and technology" to see a working cassette deck.

I remember them. I was the generation that went from cassette to CD. I do remember Hey Mickey!! Remember recording songs off the radio too.