Cargo light wire help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madd Tinkerer

Reaction score
I just acquired a 94 chevy 1500 Silverado 2wd. Who ever owned it in the past has made a mess of the electrical. Weird splices and wires going no where . Been systematically removing and fixing the wires. My question is where does the orange cargo light wire run too under the dash . Mine comes out of the carpet on drivers side and just stops . Don't see the other end and cannot figure out where it ties into .

Aperrado

Reaction score
I just acquired a 94 chevy 1500 Silverado 2wd. Who ever owned it in the past has made a mess of the electrical. Weird splices and wires going no where . Been systematically removing and fixing the wires. My question is where does the orange cargo light wire run too under the dash . Mine comes out of the carpet on drivers side and just stops . Don't see the other end and cannot figure out where it ties into .
I tkink it is the 12V power seats it finishes on the fuse box.
That is my opinion!

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The cargo light plugs into the convenience center under the dash. There should be a green connector on the top row with two wires coming from it that go to the cargo light. The dome light uses an identical one right next to it.

Madd Tinkerer

Reaction score
I see one green plug . But both of those wires are there .the location of this plug is on the far right side and then there is a grey plug next to it to the right . It could be just missing that whole plug . Been trying to figure out the wiring nightmare since getting the truck.

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see one green plug . But both of those wires are there .the location of this plug is on the far right side and then there is a grey plug next to it to the right . It could be just missing that whole plug . Been trying to figure out the wiring nightmare since getting the truck.
Here is a convenience center diagram I found that is quite useful: