Need wiring help for tail lights and brake harness.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkmclemore

Reaction score
Trying to unfarm truck my new to me 95 k2500. Troubleshooting the reverse light not working and came to this mess. What are the larger blue and orange wires with the one smaller white wire. I disconnected the trailer harness pigtail so I know what that is. The blue and orange wires were just hanging.

Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 26

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the blue and orange wires are part of an aftermarket trailer/brake controller wiring harness. The orange is B+ (battery voltage) and the blue is electric brakes. For our GMT400 trucks, I believe most installers will use that same OEM harness to tuck the wires in for the aftermarket trailer harness, hence the reason the orange and blue wires were installed in that factory loom. For me, I do not plan on running a trailer, so I removed the wires (mine had the same orange and blue wires installed by an aftermarket installer).

If I am not mistaken, the white wire should actually be for trailer ground. One end is spliced into G401 and the other end is left taped back and unterminated.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: