Car stereo in dash pocket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going to get rid of the heater vent with double dinn radio bezel and the out of date JVC head unit. Then I going to install the the heater vent dash bezel with the factory molded storage pocket. It is the correct maroon color. The picture just has bad lighting. Just got to clean it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
I will post pics when I get it installed. I did like the kicker marine stereo. The outside dimensions are 3.5 x 5.5. It has Bluetooth, but I wanted a touch screen, apple car play and to be able to use my phone. Seems like all marine radios have limited features. But the bad part about using most of the new touch screens like the pioneers,they have a park brake feature the limits some of the screen features unless it’s engaged. I will just have to bypass that.

Any updates on this stereo install? Looks like a very interesting project if everything fits.

Ken

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Decided it was two much of an undertaking. You would have to add a couple inches to everything. This guy on Facebook used two instrument cluster bezels and bezel pads. Then body work then together. Looks pretty nice. Gm should have done this from the factory

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I going to start buy removing my double din adapter. Do some dash repair were I cut the opening for the double din. Then put in the heater a/c vent bezel trim with a pocket that I got off eBay.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then I bought a retrosound m4. That has everything I need. It fits in the stock location. It has apple CarPlay, answers phone with a mic , has a 3 preamp rca’s (including the subwoofer preamp) and Bluetooth control thru my iPhone. The only things it doesn’t have is a touch screen and back up camera.

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To take care of the rear camera issue. I bought a 5 inch screen with a flush mount and a rear license plate camera from Rear View Safety. Going to mount the screen in the center console were my switch panel is right now. Then move my switch panel to the lower part of the console in front of the shifter. I changed from a lokar shifter because it kept jamming up to a winters shifter. It also gives more more room for the switches. The console is centered it just looks weird in the photo. Also the center console is still a work in progress, but will be cleaned up and done by the end of the week.

Last edited:

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then I bought a retrosound m4. That has everything I need. It fits in the stock location. It has apple CarPlay, answers phone with a mic , has a 3 preamp rca’s (including the subwoofer preamp) and Bluetooth control thru my iPhone. The only things it doesn’t have is a touch screen and back up camera.

I bought the M2. I mostly just listen to the radio and use the hands free phone option. Apple CarPlay is foreign to me. I may start using Bluetooth more to play music since it’s easier to do than my previous radio. I also like the retro look.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I already posted this in street build, but wanted to finish this thread. I installed the retrosound M4 stereo, put in the rear view safety 5” monitor in the console with the a license plate reverse camera and clean up the center console

Last edited:

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Next is dash repair. Made some plastic tabs and used some pvc cement to hold it in. I think I going to try some j b plasticweld putty or thicken up the pvc cement by leaving the cement can open so the acetone evaporates a bit. Then do a body work, sand it and paint it with some colorbond

Bloke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love that JB weld plastic weld. Used over 2 years ago and still holding strong on a broken tube on the plastic valve cover of my Pathfinder.