Can someone identify what rear setup I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Factory leaf pack on my yukon
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I have the same thing in mine Danny. Maybe it's a tahoe/yukon thing since we have more weight back there from the factory?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Without a block the only thing i could think is maybe 6" lift springs but they dont look to be arched, unless there is something we arent seeing in the pictures, but it looks identical to my leaf packs except i dont have the helper pack, i got pictures of my friends spring pack on his 97 and he has 5 leafs plus the overload totalling 6 leafs, unless you have the shackles instead of blocks

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Idk. I am not home to see or take anymore pictures unfortunately. I was just trying to figure some stuff out while Im gone haha As far as I know, I dont have any different shackles, and these are the only pics I had on my photobucket.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
My guess would be hangers or shackles because the leaf still looks fairly flat, not like a 6" lift spring would look

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Thanks Paul. Did the helper pack make it ride worse than before having it? Or affect the height at all? And since I have the 3 pack, it adds 2500lbs to the capacity? or how does that work?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah my truck ride great with it on there. I had to cut some of the fasteners when I did the lift so it hasn't been put back on yet.

It does help with capacity, but you still can't exceed the gcvw of the truck. It's mainly to help keep the truck from squatting but doesn't really effect ride if it's installed right. Yours is cranked way down in those pictures if it's unloaded.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
In those pics, I had the camper shell on, and some spare parts in the bed. It was a week or so after I got it. I have ALOT more pictures on my home computer, but those are the only ones I have on my PB. I love the way my truck rides now. Not rough, but not to bouncy either. And love that I can load it up without it looking like a dog draggin its a$$ across the carpet.

Now, to just find out what the deal is with my lowers. Is there a way to tell the difference between 1/2 ton and 3/4 springs by looking at them?

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
If you look up the part listing of my lift, it included add a leafs. Now if that's what I have installed or not, I don't know?

http://www.procompusa.com/downloads/PDFs/is/51092.pdf

Edit: Part # 13124 in Box 5 of 5 on the part listing, "Add a Leaf kit". But it also has a diagram for a 3" block if used. I am almost 100% positive I am not running a block on the rear, but could be wrong. I never saw one, but may be incorrect and make an ass out of myself.