Can someone identify what rear setup I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I have asked this question before in just chats and stuff, and keep hearing them called different conflicting things. My truck is a 1/2 ton truck, with a 6" ProComp lift. On the rear, I have a total of 8 leafs, 5 in the lower pack, and 3 up top.

I'm guessing the lowers are "Add a leafs" for the rear lift, and the top is an "Overload pack". Or what exactly do I have. Can anyone verify?

Edit: If I remove the upper pack, would it affect my height? Or is that just there to help with loads?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
I've seen set-ups like that before on pulling trucks. As far as the proper technical term I have no idea. But I'd say your probably right with the AAL's and overloads.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a factory leaf spring with helper springs on the top. The helper springs only help with load.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You have a factory spring pack, some trucks have 5 some dont, the pack on top is a helper spring pack, it is basically an overload pack and stiffens up the factory leaf pack, if you remove it it shouldnt affect your height any but have heard of a truck being raised when installed but they arent designed to lift